GSM Professional Association
$79.00 / year
Join the Government Social Media professional association, supporting employees and elected officials of government agencies across the United States and Canada. See our member benefits.
Members can have any job title — it’s not limited to social media manager — and must be actively employed full- or part-time (not as private industry, a contractor or a consultant), or be an elected or appointed official. More details on eligibility, code of conduct, elections and more can be found in our Membership Guidebook.
For our U.S. membership, you must represent any of the following entities within the United States, including their departments, agencies, boards and commissions:
- City, town, township, municipality, borough, county, tribal
- Special district (water, airport authority, sanitation, visitor’s bureau, port authority, utility services, etc.) owned by government agencies
- Council of governments, regional planning commissions, metropolitan planning organizations
- Economic Development Corporation
- Public library: City, county, state or federal
- Courts: Municipal, county, state or federal
- Public safety entity: local or state
- U.S. federal agencies
- Active duty U.S. military or civilian staff
- League/association of cities or counties
- Municipal league
- Public entity insurance pools or exchanges
- Public employees retirement system or benefits authority
- U.S.-based public school or university
For our Canada membership, you must represent a government entity such as federal, provincial or municipal government to qualify. Employees at academic institutions in Canada are currently not eligible for membership. Canada members are currently not eligible to vote or serve on the Membership Council, but are welcome to serve on association committees.
Please note that memberships are not transferrable and no refunds will be given for cancelations. You may cancel your membership prior to your annual renewal. Your membership may be revoked if you sign up but are ineligible, so please reach out to us first if you’re not sure if you are eligible.